Here are some tips that can help you get started developing a financial plan for 2018:
- Consider what your financial landscape will look like after your divorce is finalized
backwardswith this information and ask yourself these questions:
- What can you cut out of your budget now?
- What can you postpone buying now?
- What post-divorce income and/or expenses need to be considered?
- Spousal support
- Home refinancing
- Child support
- How will the new tax reform bill change your financial picture after your divorce is finalized?
- Hire a financial professional who is versed in developing a financial plan during and after divorce
- Many divorce attorneys are NOT the authority regarding finances
- Make sure the financial professional you hire is a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA)
- Protect your credit score
- Pay off debt
- Refrain from financing anything new
- Protect your investments
- Find out how your divorce will change the value of your retirement, IRA’s, stocks, and other financial holdings
Developing your financial goals while you are in the middle of a dissolution or separation is a wise decision. At Marriage Financial Solutions, our CDFA advisors are ready to help you take financial ownership of your financial future!
Contact us today to see how we can help you have financial success in 2018 and work towards resolving your money problems during your divorce proceedings!
Note: This information is general in nature and should not be construed as legal/financial/tax advice. You should work with your attorney, financial, or tax professional to determine what will work best for your situation.